Sort out those arrays: Avisoft provides a fast solutionBy Chris Williams. Published: 14th Nov 23:03:57 | Permalink | Printable
Martin Avisoft, writer of many RISC OS software development aids, has updated his ARMsort software to version 3.15.
This newest release can handle:
- Much easier and many more facilities than OS_HeapSort for array sorting.
- Easy *Sort command for use of all facilities eg *Sort Form$(e) Surname$(1i) Firstname$(2i)
- Will sort Multiple dimension arrays as well as Single dimension.
- Sorts Ascending by default, or optionally Descending.
- Handles variable length strings, which may contain any hex value.
- Optional sort of lower case string characters as upper case.
- Optional sort of Integer or Floating Point numbers ignoring sign.
- Sorts null strings high by default, or optionally low.
- String sorts can start at any position in the string.
- Strings can be sorted by length of the string.
- 64 bit Floating Point arrays can be sorted in BASIC VI (BASIC64).
- Can sort many arrays together, as if one long concatenated variable.
- Multiple arrays can be concatenated in any sequence for sort key.
- Can Exclude arrays used only for reference, not part of sort key.
- Can sort all elements or only specified elements of arrays.
- Different options can be used with each array.
- Relocatable Module only 6k bytes long
- and needs little extra storage.
- Help is included in the module
- use *HELP Sort.
- Escape will interrupt sort.
- Sort capacity (elements and arrays) limited only by memory size for arrays.
- Comprehensive parameter validation and explanatory error messages.
- ArmSort is supplied as an application to simplify use.
- *new* Revised Help information in StrongHelp format for ease of use.
- Example programs supplied.
- FindProcs procedure library enables fast and easy searching of sorted arrays.
- Will run with all known versions of BASIC V and BASIC VI.
- Will run with RISC OS version 3 and 4.
Previous: DigitalCD skins available now: Including Robert Kerr's DarkKnite cover
Next: RISC OS BASIC for all: NetBSD, DOS, Linux and Windows all catered for..
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Creating a simple website in a few hours
7 comments, latest by takkaria on 16/9/06 6:57PM. Published: 2 Sep 2006
Castle push BASIC compiler
Basically already available
16 comments, latest by TonyStill on 1/9/05 11:07PM. Published: 31 Aug 2005
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •