Roots branches out: Historical family mapper lives to version 1.10By Chris Williams. Published: 1st Dec 15:06:35 | Permalink | Printable
Some time ago we published a news story on Alex Waugh's family tree application. Roots proved popular for those seeking to map out their family's history. Roots has now achieved version 1.10 and, according the electronics student, the updated Roots is now available from Alex's website.
With this new version, you can expect...
- ..improved graphics styles- Roots uses Lua as a scripting language
- ..added keyboard shortcuts
- ..if there is an invalid link in a GEDCOM file, it now mentions the name of the affected person if possible, and carries on loading the file
- ..marriages to be auto sized to fit the gap between the spouses
- ..marriages to be a fixed width, but attached to the rightmost of the two spouses
- ..children to be more than one generation below their parents
- ..to see 'save as default' added to file choices
- ..changing the file choices now marks the file as modified
Alex Waugh: email@example.com
Roots (and other software): www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~ajw498
Previous: IRC channel #riscos created: We look at the RISC OS chat scene and the infamous #acorn
Next: Relief for ANT users: Paul Vigay steps in to support Argonet's ditched software
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Should the TCO of RISC OS be higher?
Show us the money
61 comments, latest by datawave on 16/06/05 5:07PM. Published: 17 Feb 2005
South West show reports and photos
The what, when, where, why, who and how of the weekend's event
54 comments, latest by enteryournamehere on 05/05/07 09:04AM. Published: 27 Feb 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •