Don't get stressed with website uploads - SiteMatch has come to the rescue!Published: 1st Jan 19:40:38 | Permalink | Printable
Dave Edwards, webmaster of dave-edwards.com, has released an application to help with the uploading of files to websites.
SiteMatch is a utility that keeps track of local files which have been changed since your last website update. It will be particularly handy if you maintain several websites and lose track of which files need to be uploaded.
The program uses the freely-available FTPc or sFTP programs to actually upload the files but gives a graphical representation of RISC OS directories and highlights modified files.
Unfortunately we can't use it for Drobe Launch Pad as our offline directory is stored in a RaFS filing system which is not understood by the program yet.
Although the program has been written in BASIC using the DrWimp library, it is certainly not short of features as SiteMatch has the ability to:
- show a graphical display of your site,
- display those files that have been added, modified, deleted or are
- unchanged, or any combination of the above,
- use FTPc or sFTP to update your site automatically,
- track up to 20 sites, each holding 1000 files,
- save out a text file of the changes,
- exclude any files or filetypes from being changed,
- use second custom ftp path/host for use with proxies, firewalls etc,
- store your files on any filing system i.e. ADFS, raFS, Win95FS,
- LanMan98 or WebFS,
- chmod perl scripts to any permission you choose.
As a new release, the author is requesting comments and feedback from users. Finally we understand that the software has been released as thanksware meaning that if you use it, thank him for it!
Previous: The development of RiscX with author Leo White
Next: Freeware RISC OS webcam software released
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Select hardware profiles uncovered
But it's elementary, my dear Watson
5 comments, latest by caliston2 on 2/1/05 5:59PM. Published: 1 Jan 2005
An interview with Peter Naulls
He ported Lynx and he's answering our questions
10 comments, latest by on 6/10/01 12:26AM. Published: 21 Sep 2001
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •