Cerilica releases TopModel informationPublished: 15th Jan 17:31:40 | Permalink | Printable
Cerilica Ltd. have been busy preparing for the next release of TopModel package since they aquired the exclusive publishing rights to the software.
The company is aiming to start shipment of the new package from mid to late February and plans to exhibit a demonstration of the latest features at the forthcoming RISC OS South West Show.
Cerilica have made the following list of improvements available to give an outline of what to expect in the near future.
The software will be available in its new guise for approximately £99 + VAT + P&P (£118.50 for UK customers). An upgrade from Spacetech customers will cost £35 + VAT + P&P (£43.50 for UK customers)
Cerilica's aims for the package and changes which have been made are as follows:
- The 3D modelling aspect (creation of objects) is primary. Even though TopModel's rendering capabilities are excellent, especially considering the current hardware available, thanks to its advanced Gemini II 3D graphics engine, its forte is the creation process.
- The documentation that accompanies a concept as deep as 3D modelling is to be completely overhauled. Regardless of platform or system, those new to 3D modelling have always found the process of delving into the 3rd dimension daunting. By producing thorough printed tutorials and an easy-to-access on-line features manual it is Cerilica's aim to flatten the learning curve.
- Produce a product of greater value - reduction in price and inclusion of all previous optional software resources accomplishes this.
- Ensure future software development. Even though the initial Cerilica release will present smaller but welcome software upgrades, future enhancements by the authors Sincronia such as the release of TopBones is necessary to maintain the leading position of this product. All upgrades to the core software over the coming months (excludes major plugins such as TopBones) will be e.mailed free-of-charge to Cerilica TopModel customers.
- Establish compatibility with the latest hardware (such as ViewFinder) and all future hardware (such as the Cerilica Nucleus) after the initial release.
- Provide high levels of support by both phone and e.mail to Cerilica TopModel customers.
- Increase this key RISC OS product's profile and success in a similar manner to the highly successful RiScript product, also exclusively published by Cerilica.
RISC OS South West Show
Previous: Acorn Cybervillage releases RISC OS 4 E+ formatter for SCSI harddiscs
Next: Web redirection for e-squaddies
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
A9home first impressions review
Getting up close and personal with an A9home
13 comments, latest by RickCB on 7/11/06 9:25AM. Published: 5 Nov 2006
Beta Castle C compiler released
Second round of beta testing, subscriptions nearing end
1 comment, latest by TonyStill on 24/4/06 10:32PM. Published: 24 Apr 2006
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •