RISC OS for Linux Update: Developer version releasedBy Chris Williams. Published: 21st Jan 14:40:55 | Permalink | Printable
Thomas Leonard today announced the release of the developer version of ROX, his RISC OS for Linux project.
The main new features are:
- Image files can be shown as a small version of the image (suggested by Sprague and Simon Britnell). You need to choose 'Create Thumbs' from the Display menu to turn this on.
- New filer windows appear at a sensible size, and there is a new menu entry to resize an existing window (Denis Manente).
- The handling of executable files has changed - if they have a known extension then that is used for the type. This copes better with Windows shares, where everything may be executable (Simon Britnell).
- New command-line option -x to force the filer to re-examine a file (Diego Zamboni).
- The language translation can now be set from the Options box.
- All the Message window logging stuff has gone. ROX-Session now handles this stuff (the new ROX-Session is available in CVS only for now).
- The colours work better with Gtk themes.
- Various (minor) bugs have been fixed.
'Bundled' applications include the ROX versions of Edit, Alarm, Taskmanager and a trashcan.
Drobe Article: RISC OS for Linux
ROX site: rox.sourceforge.net
Previous: Calling all coders, Codecraft III has begun
Next: Discussion group created for DigitalCD users
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Social networking websites and RISC OS
lol omghi2u r u on faceb00k yet??
4 comments, latest by cables on 12/9/07 12:51PM. Published: 9 Sep 2007
There's new stuff. Simple.
In a blatant mop-up of recent csa.announce postings, here's a summary of "new stuff" available.
3 comments, latest by ian on 10/11/02 12:26PM. Published: 7 Nov 2002
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •