Nominate your favourite programs and people for the 2006 awardsPublished: 10th Dec 2006, 19:33:45 | Permalink | Printable
Bring your own shortlistIs there a powerful program you can't live without? An application you adore? A particular person in the RISC OS market you'd like to thank? Well now you can by nominating them for a top gong in the drobe.co.uk Best of 2006 awards.
Following last year's controversy, we've completely opened up the system so that readers can log in, and nominate whoever they want to be entered into the final awards shortlist. You can nominate as many different people, applications and products as you can think of.
Any person or program with two or more nominations in a category will be entered into the awards shortlist. Later this month, readers will be able to vote on the shortlist to pick the overall winners in each category.
Start nominating now!
The categories are:
- Best commercial product
- Any piece of software, package or other RISC OS-related product that you have to pay for, including shareware and subscription-based schemes, that has impressed you this year.
- Best non-commercial software
- Any piece of RISC OS-related software or package that is available free, either as freeware, open source, or public domain, that has caught your eye this year.
- Best event of 2006
- Any RISC OS-related show, event, roadshow afternoon, or usergroup meeting that took place in 2006
- Best ingenious project or idea
- Something that doesn't quite fit the rest, a category for any outstanding projects or uses of RISC OS and Acorn kit beyond the 'normal' desktop reported on this year
- Best overall contribution
- Anyone or any team who has gone that extra mile in 2006 to do something new, creative and worthwhile for the platform
- Top own goal
- The booby prize - anything that may not have gone to plan this year
- Can't decide
- Choose this, and we'll try to find the right category for you
Get your nominations in before the end of Friday, December 15. Voting on the final shortlist for the Best of 2006 awards will begin shortly after the nominations form closes. The winners will be announced on New Year's Eve.
Nomination form for the Best of 2006 awards
Comments or questions?
Previous: Software news in brief
Next: Messenger Pro 4.23 does HTML email, Unicode
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Mourners at tragic Paul Vigay's funeral to plant acorns in his memory
At the funeral of RISC OS and civil liberties activist Paul Vigay, who died last month, acorns were passed around to mourners to plant across the country in his memory. Journalist Jim Nagel describes the touching service after attending the funeral, held in Petersfield, Hants.
1 comment, latest by JohnR on 23/3/09 7:10PM. Published: 22 Mar 2009
Acorn didn't license enough, decides Hauser
Oh yeah, that was probably it
30 comments, latest by moss on 1/5/04 11:40PM. Published: 29 Apr 2004
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •