RISC OS magazine Riscworld acts to attract new subscribers: Editor Aaron Timbrell explains allBy Chris Williams. Published: 9th Feb 23:17:27 | Permalink | Printable
Earlier last week, Riscworld editor Aaron Timbrell made a bold announcement to the RISC OS world. Riscworld is a CD based magazine that is growing in popularity as an alternative to the paper RISC OS magazines available. Acorn User is one such paper magazine and Aaron has appealed to AU subscribers to try Riscworld instead.
"If you subscribe to RISC World volume 2 then you can get the whole of RISC World volume 1 for only 10ukp. So you could have 2 years worth of the magazine for as little as 27.90 ukp" announced Aaron, who also runs RISC OS software company iSV Products. We spoke to Aaron about his renewed effort to attract more subscribers to RiscWorld. In response Aaron had this to say:
RISC World is the CD-ROM magazine for all users of Acorns and other RISC OS computers. Published bi-monthly every issue is packed with articles, reviews, comment and more. Not only that but because RISC World comes on a CD we include all the software we mention in our articles.
Volume 1 Special
Normally RISC World is published every 2 months, however for volume number 1 we have decided to make RISC World even better value for money, all subscribers will receive 7 issues in the first year, rather than the normal six. Issue 7 will be a full issue in itself but will also contain the full set of issues 1 to 6 as well! That means that each issue of RISC World costs only £2.55, you would have to be mad to miss out!
Subscribe to RISC World volume 2 and get volume 1 for only £10!
Yes, thats right. If you subscribe for the 2nd volume of RISC World you can have the complete first volume for only £10 (UK). The special 2 year subscription costs just £27.90 for UK residents and £30.90 for subscribers outside the UK.
Not only does the Disc World part of the magazine include demonstration products and the latest PD and Shareware releases but also every copy comes with a full commercial product FREE! In the last few issue we have included a number of exclusive applications including a fully working 3 month version of TextEase, a full time limited version of DrawWorks New Millennium and much much more!
In order to show potential subscribers what each issue of RISC World is like we have produced a special on-line edition. This includes a selection of articles from the first five issues. This special edition of RISC World is the same size as a normal subscription edition. You can find this on line edition at www.riscworld.co.uk. If you don‘t subscribe then this is some of what you have missed over the last 6 issues:
- Complete time limited version of Textease Studio (including file saving) as well as an introduction to using the package.
- Complete time limited version of DrawWorks New Millennium (including file saving).
- A new full version of HTML3 the HTML authoring package.
- Demos of the latest and greatest games including The Chaos Engine, Destiny,
- Wizards apprentice, Spheres of Chaos and many more.
- Full contents of the comp.sys.acorn.announce newsgroups.
- DTP tips including how to get the best out of the TeX typesetting language, brochure design with Ovation PRO and DrawWorks Revealed.
- Hardware reviews, including the Kinetic RISC PC upgrade, the APDL Turbo card and more.
- Sneak previews of new computers, RISCWorld even manages to print full reviews before other magazines have even previewed machines.
- Making websites for use with WAP mobile phones.
- Reviews of lots of new or updated software products, including EFF CD2,
- Anagram genus, Ancestor+, DrawWorks Millennium, RiScript PRO, RISC User in a Nutshell, the RISCOS Ltd PRM CD, PsiRisc, Hard Disc Companion, CD-Burn, ArcLink5 and many more.
- In depth show reports from our roving reporters including coverage of RISC OS 2000 and Wakefield 2000.
- Features on leading companies such as Castle Technology and Warm Silence Software.
- In depth articles on RISC OS 4, AWK, the Concurrent version System Tool, HTML, BASIC and more.
- 6 CDs with only the best software and articles often with exclusive items you will not get anywhere else.
You will find the best authors, the best software, full commercial products and more. RISC World is the magazine for RISC OS users, perhaps you find out why?
Previous: More R-Comp goodies expected at the RISC OS Southwest Show
Next: EasyAccounts 1.15 released: The feature list keeps on growing..
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Social networking websites and RISC OS
lol omghi2u r u on faceb00k yet??
4 comments, latest by cables on 12/9/07 12:51PM. Published: 9 Sep 2007
Nothing to see here, move along
Last day at Pace
7 comments, latest by mavhc on 31/5/03 1:35AM. Published: 30 May 2003
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •