WSS looks for MP3 player beta testersBy Chris Williams. Published: 17th Feb 21:32:22 | Permalink | Printable
Music over the years has appeared on many different mediums, the latest being the digital format called MP3. This allows computers like the one on your desk to handheld ones to store and replay music without a noticable loss in quality. For RISC OS computers, one popular MP3 player is AMPlayer and Robin Watts of Warm Silence Software has announced his interest in testers for future releases of the module.
Below is a copy of his announcement, for anyone who would like to contribute towards development of the player..
I have a new version of AMPlayer that needs testing urgently.
*** IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT AMPLAYER IS THEN STOP READING NOW. ***
It has undergone fairly extensive optimisation and extension since the last released version. I am therefore looking for beta testers that fulfill the following criteria:
* Prepared to test the software. [No really, I mean it. Version
Junkies need not apply - there will be a new release soon. Don't
ask to beta test just to jump the gun.]
* Must have MP3s to test it on - the wider selection from the wider the sources the better. I'd rather have someone with 100 MP3s all from different sources than someone thats encoded 10000 using the same tool at the same setting.
* Must have a StrongARM or ARM6 based machine. RISCStations, A7000/A7000+, ARM 3 or ARM 2 owners need not apply. If you aren't sure, you don't qualify.
* Must be in regular email contact (ideally several times a day).
* Must not mind an endless slew of broken versions arriving in the email.
* Must have free time to test it NOW (i.e. only testing at the weekend is not acceptable).
* In depth technical knowledge is NOT required, though basic competence is. (I'd rather get a clear statement of the effect of a crash rather than a programmer that thinks he can double guess the problem).
* The judges (thats me) decision is final as to who gets chosen and who doesn't. No correspondence will be entered into.
Sorry if all this seems a bit much on what is essentially a request for help, but it'll save everyones time in thelong run.
Robin Watts: Robin.Watts@wss.co.uk
Previous: RCI prepare Descent II release: acornarcade.com presents this preview
Next: RiscCAD bounces back as developer rescues package
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Archive magazine reviewed
A media watch special
10 comments, latest by diomus on 27/10/07 12:01PM. Published: 23 Oct 2007
Gimp-Print development milestone reached
GPDriver completed [Updated] 21/1/2004
14 comments, latest by Rimmer on 23/1/04 11:04AM. Published: 19 Jan 2004
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •