The Armclub release their freeware software on armclub.org.ukBy Chris Williams. Published: 28th Feb 23:05:59 | Permalink | Printable
The Armclub is a company respected by many RISC OS users. As publishers of the Eureka magazine and RISC OS software such as Discknight and StrongGuard, the Armclub also organises several RISC OS shows throughout the year. Today, David Ruck of the Armclub announced details of numerous freeware Armclub applications now accessible from the main Armclub website.
The software listed below is quoted from David's announcement posting:
- Provides 6 desktop workspaces to prevent cluttered desktops. Windows can be paced on sperate workspaces which can be instantly switched between. Windows can live on more than one workspace, and each workspace can use a different screen mode and palette.
- Desktop front end to *commands. Simple launching by dragging files to the iconbar, and then runs the command in a multitasking window.
- Graphic taskwindows, allows full graphical display from programs running in taskwindows, supporting mode and palette changes. Also passes on the mouse position relative to the window, even when scaled.
- Graphical display of free space on a disc. Replaces window produced by the Free menu entry of the filers. Has a real compaction button for old D format HDs.
- Brightness/Contrast/Gamma control on the screen in any mode, plus apply current settings to sprites. RISC PC only.
- Drawing tool. Enables you to draw one half of a shape in any drawing or painting programs and instantly see what the whole object will look like when copied and flipped.
- Improves colourtrans display in modes with 8 bpp or less. Enables !Draw to display upto 8192 colours in a 256 colour mode. (Not RISC OS 4)
- Monitors events and messages delivered to all running applications, displays call counts and time spent in applications to microsecond accuracy.
- Monitors SWI call activity on entire machine or selected tasks.
- Monitors Module Service call activity on entire machine or selected tasks.
- Monitors calls to system vectors with parameter display, for the entire machine or selected tasks.
- Improved CPU usage application, supports multiple windows and displays load of entire machine or selected tasks.
- Solves Channel 4s infuriating Countdown programme's words and numbers puzzles. (As featured by Acorn User)
- Provides bitmap format conversion and image processing command line utilities, designed to run on RISC OS, UNIX and Win32 platforms. Supplied with RISC OS desktop front end scripts for use with !ComndCTRL.
- Ejects the CD by clicking on the CDFS ion with the right mouse button, and closes the drawer again on a click with the left button.
- Dismounts and ejects a removable SCSI disc when clicking on the icon with the right mouse button.
- Dismounts and ejects a ZIP disc when clicking on the icon with the right mouse button.
- Automatically turns interlace on when displaying a mode with less than 480 lines to prevent gaps between lines on large monitors.
- Provides SWIs and *commands for timing to microsecond accuracy.
- Manipulates windows using *command's that may be placed in obey files, features include:
- Ensure a task is running or issue *command.
- Remove a task if running.
- Open a file in an editor and move the window.
- Move/resize a window and send to top/bottom.
- Close a window if open.
- Automatically select from a window/iconbar menu.
- Type a string into a window.
- Send a key press to a window including special keys.
- Simulate iconbar click.
- Dump positions of all open windows as WO_OpenWind commands in an obey file.
Armclub freeware software: www.armclub.org.uk/free/
David Ruck: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous: Further details of RiscCAD on CD
Next: Network RISC OS to Windows with Topcat 2.0: Improve your network today
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Interview with a ROS Open shareholder
Andrew Hodgkinson talks of his time at Tematic
27 comments, latest by markee174 on 22/7/06 7:27PM. Published: 16 Jul 2006
Take a peek at the new look Drobe
We're getting nearer a relaunch and here's how it'll look. Beware, it's in beta so things may break. Do tell us what you think
19 comments, latest by imj on 4/11/08 9:42PM. Published: 17 Oct 2008
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •