ProAction and APDL update their republished software collectionBy Chris Williams. Published: 3rd Apr 10:52:27 | Permalink | Printable
It may interest you to know that ProAction, along with their distributors APDL, have refreshed their website to feature, according to Dave Bradforth of Proaction, "the very latest details of the APDL/ProAction range." ProAction have taken it upon themselves to update and re-release RISC OS software of yesteryear. However, don't be lead into thinking that old software equals poor quality software; over the years as certain software publishers have decided the RISC OS market was not for them and moved away, their software has failed to be further published. ProAction have been steadily gaining the rights to update and published reclaimed software -- those readers who have been with RISC OS for sometime will recognise many of the titles below.
According to an email from ProAction, their software range now features:
- Ovation I
- This is the original version of the powerful Ovation DTP (<desktop publishing) application. This could be ideal for lower end machines or people who don't want to do heavy DTP work.
Price: £9.90 plus £2.50 UK post
- Easy C++
- This is a friendly entry level C++ compiler, aimed at total beginners to object-oriented programming.
- Easy C Manual
- Printed Manual and Tutorial for EasyC
- Sleuth 3
- This is an OCR, or optical character recognition, application. Sleuth can take a scanned image of a page of text and convert the image into textfile for you to edit and use in other applications.
- Sleuth 2
- This is cut-down version of Sleuth 3.
- Hard Disc Companion
- Will backup your hard disc, preventing total loss of data if your hard disc later decides to fail.
- A database system as featured on drobe.co.uk.
- A very professional CAD package that handles all aspects of design from architectural work to electronic schematics.
Price: from £59
- An ArtWorks colour utility
Price: £9.90 plus £1 UK post
- A text effects program
Price: £9.90 plus £1 UK post
Finally, Dave of ProAction hints on more to come: "We are delighted to announce that shortly to join the range is Personal Accounts 4, at £29. Full information will be supplied via the usual sources as and when." Orders for any of the above software should be directed to APDL.
ProAction: web www.apdl.co.uk/sware.htm
ADPL (distributors): email email@example.com
Tel 0208 778 2659
Previous: Dare Devil Dennis is back! The BBC Micro game returns
Next: VOTI release Saturn Stunt Racer screenshots: Don't get your hopes up.. yet
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
RISC OS artist wows public with digital artwork
A RISC OS-using artist has described exhibiting his digitally-created work in a public gallery as a "rewarding experience". Richard Ashbery, who used ArtWorks and Photodesk to create his images, showed off patterns and colourful illustrations to punters, who told him his work made a change from the oils and watercolour masterpieces usually exhibited.
1 comment, latest by socris on 18/11/08 4:23PM. Published: 17 Nov 2008
RISCDomain mag to return as PDFs on CD
Four issues due out in 2008, advertisers sought
Discuss this. Published: 4 Dec 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •