News in briefPublished: 4th May 2009, 22:40:16 | Permalink | Printable
Links to interesting things from RISC OS Open, Organizer and more, including a RISC OS-themed podcast.* RISC OS Open has taken over sales of the Acorn C/C++ development suite, known as the Norcroft compiler, which is used to build RISC OS. The ROOL team has also fixed a few bugs within the compiler tools. ROOL and RISCOS Ltd have also tentatively discussed how to tackle the 'sticky mess' that is the Toolbox module situation across the various versions of RISC OS available - although a ROOL spokesman said nothing had been decided yet.
* Life-management software Organizer 2.0 is now available to purchase over the internet. There is a special discount on offer until May 6.
* ArtWorks 2.9 is also available for ordering online following its Wakefield 2009 show launch.
* Stuart Tyrrell Developments has seen fit to publish details about its Vpod graphics card for RISC OS machines on its website.
* OSNews reviews recent RISC OS news in its latest podcast on alternative operating systems.
* Sine Nomine Software has produced a new suite of card games, called House of Cards, and updated its SuperDoku and DrawPrint software.
* And finally, the websites belonging to the late Paul Vigay were downed over the weekend by a technical fault but are now back up and running after some minor alarm from punters. Iconbar has offered to take over the hosting of Paul's portfolio of sites.
Previous: Recent developments have left me feeling...
Next: New RPCEmu Spoon version with RISC OS 5.15 support
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Video editing on a RiscPC
Smile, you're on camera
17 comments, latest by timephoenix on 23/10/05 3:53AM. Published: 18 Oct 2005
RISC OS South West show this weekend
The RISC OS South West Show 2009 will be held at the Webbington Hotel, Loxton, near Axbridge, North Somerset, on Saturday, February 21 from 10am to 3.30pm. Entry is free and the hotel provides free wireless internet access. The list of exhibitors includes: Archive magazine, RISCOS Ltd, MW software, CJE Micros, David Snell, Qercus, Fortran Friends, RComp, Mathmagical, Graham Mottram, John Norris, Michael Gerbracht (LuaFox), Serious Statistical Software and the Midlands User Group.
3 comments, latest by AW on 22/2/09 11:57AM. Published: 17 Feb 2009
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •