News in briefPublished: 4th May 2009, 22:40:16 | Permalink | Printable
Links to interesting things from RISC OS Open, Organizer and more, including a RISC OS-themed podcast.* RISC OS Open has taken over sales of the Acorn C/C++ development suite, known as the Norcroft compiler, which is used to build RISC OS. The ROOL team has also fixed a few bugs within the compiler tools. ROOL and RISCOS Ltd have also tentatively discussed how to tackle the 'sticky mess' that is the Toolbox module situation across the various versions of RISC OS available - although a ROOL spokesman said nothing had been decided yet.
* Life-management software Organizer 2.0 is now available to purchase over the internet. There is a special discount on offer until May 6.
* ArtWorks 2.9 is also available for ordering online following its Wakefield 2009 show launch.
* Stuart Tyrrell Developments has seen fit to publish details about its Vpod graphics card for RISC OS machines on its website.
* OSNews reviews recent RISC OS news in its latest podcast on alternative operating systems.
* Sine Nomine Software has produced a new suite of card games, called House of Cards, and updated its SuperDoku and DrawPrint software.
* And finally, the websites belonging to the late Paul Vigay were downed over the weekend by a technical fault but are now back up and running after some minor alarm from punters. Iconbar has offered to take over the hosting of Paul's portfolio of sites.
Previous: Recent developments have left me feeling...
Next: New RPCEmu Spoon version with RISC OS 5.15 support
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
From the BBC Micro, little Acorns grew : The Guardian reports
Discuss this. Published: 8 Mar 2001
Wakefield 2005 theatre details
Companies going on the record
10 comments, latest by sascott on 4/5/05 3:04AM. Published: 28 Apr 2005
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •