Quick guide to what's been going onPublished: 11th Oct 2001, 15:56:46 | Permalink | Printable
From MP3 gadgets to a java compiler to a library of resurrected Acorn dealer and developer discsA lot can happen in a week and while we've been away, the RISC OS world has kept ticking over. So we thought you might like to be kept up to speed with things. Email to the drobe editors is still patchy at the moment so please forgive us if we haven't replied. Ok hold on tight and think of SunOS shell accounts:
- Amplayer 1.36
- AMPlayer, the popular and rapidly developing MP3 player for RISC OS, has been treated to another public release. You can read about the many improvements (such as multi processor support, output to WAV and SharedSound support) here and a feature article on AMPlayer here. The AMPlayer developers are also keen for beta testers.
- We've got no idea what it is and no matter hard we ask, we always get told to wait and see. Drobe would love to speculate but we'd only get sat on.. More details promised.
- More ports than the Swiss Navy
- Peter Naulls announced three new ports: ArcEm (an Archimedes machine emulator), tetrinet (a funky multiplayer internet tetris game) and interestingly the java complier Jikes.
- Codecraft competition closes
- Following our earlier article on CodeCraft 3, voting for the demo coding compo has now closed. And the winner is..
- RISC OS 2001 draws near
- 20th and 21st of October this year will be RISC OS 2001, the UK RISC OS event highlight. Book your tickets online in advance as well as checking out the exhibitor list.
Also, a quick list of new software out for you to quickly jump to:
- GraphTask 4.01 Enables graphics to be displayed in previously text only taskwindows
- More XML tools Justin Fletcher continues his campaign to bring XML technologies to RISC OS.
- BookMaker 1.68 Show those web links who's boss
- NetTime How long can you computer stay up before needing a reset?
- Lame MP3 encoder for modern RISC OS computers. Don't let the name put you off.
- Old Acorn discs Following permission from Pace (corporate developer of RISC OS), a large collection of old Acorn software and special developers and dealers discs are now available for public download.
- Locate 0.60 Never lose a file again
Feel free to try and email us any news you feel we have left out.
Previous: BotKiller 2 available completely free
Next: Iconbar corrects TheRegister over Argogroup cutbacks shock
DiscussionViewing unthreaded comments | View comments threaded by reply | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Delving inside a RiscPC emulator
If emulation upsets you, look away now
16 comments, latest by guestx on 27/1/06 1:41AM. Published: 20 Jan 2006
MP3 tagging software in bug fix update
ID3TagEd 0.22 given a spring clean
Discuss this. Published: 26 Mar 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •