RiscPC 2 at RISC OS 2001Published: 16th Oct 2001, 02:17:36 | Permalink | Printable
A working RISC OS 3.8 Pheobe courtesy of the AAUG, get your cameras readyIf you're not going to RISC OS 2001 to pick up some show specials then maybe you're going to see some of the attractions that spring up at events such as this; there's presentations, developers and the latest RISC OS hardware on show as well as the drobe.co.uk editors wandering about for you to bump into. However who would have guessed that something like this would turn up?
"The AAUG are pleased to announce they will have numerous things of interest at this years RISC OS 2001 show on 20th-21st October", begins the news release drobe.co.uk received from AAUG towers. Here's what they have in store:
- A real working Phoebe
- See a RiscPC 2, the desktop machine executively axed before Acorn departed in 1998. Inside the pretty yellow box is RISC OS 3.8, IOMD2, VIDC20, PCI interface, SDRAM and hopefully some software to demonstrate the ill-fated machine's power and speed. If you can think of any software, let Neil at AAUG know.
At least for this editor, while seeing a Pheobe in action will probably bring back memories of the gloomy days preceeding Acorn's departure, it's still worth a glance- if only to sigh at what could have been.
- Other goodies
- RiscPC Pizza Oven
- The usual array of information for all the UK and worldwide user groups
- AAUG Discount scheme info
- Signup forms for the AAUG's free RISC OS friendly ISP - AAUG Online
- AAUG.net email addresses for 1UKP (2UKP for non-usergroup members)
- Some rare Phoebe development motherboards
- AAUG's domain registration and web hosting services
The premier annual event RISC OS 2001 is this weekend (20th and 21st October 2001). We'll see you there. Incidentally, if anyone else is going to RISC OS 2001 and would like to help us report on the show, please get in touch.
Chris, cookie sorting office
Previous: Fishy web hosting by Pepperfish
Next: Hip hip hooray, Select is here today
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Euro 2006 show report
Select 4 Filer photos, Impression-X, and more [Updated]
27 comments, latest by blahsnr on 26/6/06 8:02PM. Published: 23 Jun 2006
The web in 2009: Your thoughts
The web in 2009 is ever-so shiny and a long way from the grey HTML2 days of the late-1990s. Is it over-the-top bling or can it provide useful interaction between websites and readers?
6 comments, latest by ricp on 24/1/09 11:58AM. Published: 10 Jan 2009
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •