RiscPC 2 at RISC OS 2001Published: 16th Oct 2001, 02:17:36 | Permalink | Printable
A working RISC OS 3.8 Pheobe courtesy of the AAUG, get your cameras readyIf you're not going to RISC OS 2001 to pick up some show specials then maybe you're going to see some of the attractions that spring up at events such as this; there's presentations, developers and the latest RISC OS hardware on show as well as the drobe.co.uk editors wandering about for you to bump into. However who would have guessed that something like this would turn up?
"The AAUG are pleased to announce they will have numerous things of interest at this years RISC OS 2001 show on 20th-21st October", begins the news release drobe.co.uk received from AAUG towers. Here's what they have in store:
- A real working Phoebe
- See a RiscPC 2, the desktop machine executively axed before Acorn departed in 1998. Inside the pretty yellow box is RISC OS 3.8, IOMD2, VIDC20, PCI interface, SDRAM and hopefully some software to demonstrate the ill-fated machine's power and speed. If you can think of any software, let Neil at AAUG know.
At least for this editor, while seeing a Pheobe in action will probably bring back memories of the gloomy days preceeding Acorn's departure, it's still worth a glance- if only to sigh at what could have been.
- Other goodies
- RiscPC Pizza Oven
- The usual array of information for all the UK and worldwide user groups
- AAUG Discount scheme info
- Signup forms for the AAUG's free RISC OS friendly ISP - AAUG Online
- AAUG.net email addresses for 1UKP (2UKP for non-usergroup members)
- Some rare Phoebe development motherboards
- AAUG's domain registration and web hosting services
The premier annual event RISC OS 2001 is this weekend (20th and 21st October 2001). We'll see you there. Incidentally, if anyone else is going to RISC OS 2001 and would like to help us report on the show, please get in touch.
Chris, cookie sorting office
Previous: Fishy web hosting by Pepperfish
Next: Hip hip hooray, Select is here today
DiscussionViewing unthreaded comments | View comments threaded by reply | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
The new apple of my eye
Would you swap your dusty Acorn for a polished Apple computer? Martin Hansen has been checking out the world of Steve Jobs and his range of shiny kit.
15 comments, latest by adh1003 on 6/1/09 1:06PM. Published: 17 Nov 2008
PocketPC RPCEmu port sources available
Jan Rinze publishes his PDA port blue prints
Discuss this. Published: 1 Aug 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •