DHCP SelectedBy Chris Williams. Published: 11th Apr 2002, 15:58:54 | Permalink | Printable
Including Printers+, Replay bundle, Appletalk support and multiuser logon support Good news for RISC OS Select users it seems and interesting news for everyone else. In an official press release sent from RISC OS Ltd, the following goodies are now available from the private download area:
- DHCP support
- Tested on various systems including a university campus network, RISC OS Ltd's client can communicate with a DHCP server to be allocated an IP for the network the computer is connected to.
- Multi-User Logon
- This allows many users to share one computer with each user having their own application choices directory and 'home' directory.
- Multi-tasking Replay release
- According to the press release, "this will be a collection of all the various items that were released on various cover CD's and by Acorn to developers along with a trial plugin to control Movie playback."
- Printers+ preview
- A sneak preview of the new printer system that supports network printers, multiple output bins, printer bundles and automatic printer recognition.
- And finally
- A preview of the new OmniClient with Appletalk support along with various other enhancements to RISC OS itself.
You can read the full press release here, although most of it is only relevant to current Select users.
RISC OS Select
Previous: Double prizes for developers
Next: European gags
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Prototype affordable Braille display in development
A low-cost computer-controlled Braille board has been prototyped by a RISC OS-using university student. Undergraduate Edward Rogers hopes to sell his completed units for as little as 200 quid each to schools and families to allow more blind children to continue learning Braille. And he said he wanted to launch his venture using RISC OS-powered kit before offering a package for other platforms.
10 comments, latest by epokh on 27/6/09 12:49PM. Published: 22 Nov 2008
Let your programs speak to you: Debugger Reporter released
Discuss this. Published: 10 Nov 2000
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •