May freewareBy Chris Williams. Published: 24th May 2002, 06:55:57 | Permalink | Printable
Quick link list to freeware software announcementsHere's is a brief rundown of recent freeware announcements.
- Master your Viewfinder www.jeffray.co.uk/vfsetup.html
- VFSetup 1.04 is an addition to RISC OS 4's configuration utility (a plugin) which allows easier setting of features of the ViewFinder graphics card. Now includes VFPatches which integrates the ViewFinder fully into the RISC OS mode system.
- Graduated desktop houseofmabel.com/programs/?a=s&b=desktop
- FadeBack 0.01 Create nice pinboard backdrops: lots of fade types, edit colours, load colours, load and save palette files and more.
- Beeb emulator goodies homepages.paradise.net.nz/mjfoot
- BeebIt 0.40 is a freeware BBC Micro computer emulator for RISC OS versions 3.00 and above. It emulates the Acorn BBC Model B, BBC Model B+ and BBC Master 128 computers. BBCFiles is a BBC file converter that converts between some of the various types of files used by BBC emulators on Acorn & PC formats. BeebItFS is an 8-bit BBC Micro filing system, written so BeebIt can access files on RISC OS filing systems. It also allows the use of some 6502Em style 'BBC Applications'.
- GCC made even easier www.davea.web.btinternet.co.uk/gccide
- GCCide 1.20 is a frontend to the RISC OS port of GCC, a C compiler.
- RISC OS Weatherman melhuish.info/simon/projects/oww
- Oww 0.67.5 is an application for running the Dallas / AAG 1-wire weather station and associated hardware on RISC OS, Linux and Cygwin.
- Pieces of, um, gem www.denmarkwa.net.au/~kwright
- Gems 1.06 is a puzzle game involving aligning gems and gaining points by completing sets of them.
Previous: KinoAmp updated
Next: Documentation made easy
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
An introduction to IP networks
Part one of masking the 'net
10 comments, latest by Umair on 9/9/04 10:11PM. Published: 4 Sep 2004
Castle announces ARM9 MiMagic 5 support
Only 220MHz but still exciting, if you want ROS in a PDA [Updated]
25 comments, latest by jess on 1/12/04 9:49PM. Published: 29 Nov 2004
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •