Every magazine has a silver liningBy Chris Williams. Published: 3rd Oct 2002, 13:42:24 | Permalink | Printable
Well not every, just CD mag RISCWorld. New issue details enclosed.We never turn down a press release. If you took the trouble of posting us an email then we'll take the trouble to publish it, plus it's cheaper than pizza. Arriving today in our inbox was an announcement from Aaron Timbrell of RISCWorld, editor of the bi-montly CD based magazine for RISC OS users. Published by APDL, RISCWorld seems to be hit by the recent silly-sloganitis bug going around RISC OS websites; "RISCWorld - it's in colour and you don't need a wig to edit it" and "RISCWorld - the CD magazine you don't have to download IN COLOUR". Even Cybervillage can come up with better content than that, sometimes.
RISCWorld subscribers will be receiving their copies within the next few days, unless as Aaron reassures us, your CD gets destroyed during the journey. Cross your fingers now. For this month, we're told this "bumper" issue features:
- The conclusion to the CD writing on RISC OS series
- Filtering using Messenger Pro
- Our favourite reader, Paul Johnson, continuing to develop his Football Manager game. Own goal!
- Automatic HTML generation from text files
- Sharing an internet connection between RISC OS and Windows
- The return of the Powerbase column
- A report on the RISCOS Ltd AGM
- Gavin Wraith explaining his Scribble PDF generator
- Reviews of digital cameras and the StrongGames CD
- A full version of the !Ergane translation application
- Exclusive Start of a serialisation of Terry Blunt's book, "Archimedes Gamemakers Manual", originally published by Sigma Press. You gotta remember those old Archimedes.
- Column by Hugh Jampton, tell us who he is please as we've had too much fun guessing.
- Lots of PD software bundled onto the CD
- And lots more exciting and informative columns, including what we can only assume is the hilarious "inane ranting from the Editor". Terrific.
A sample edition is online for you to check out this worthy publication. For a two year subscription that'll set you back around 30 quid, we have no further questions your Honour.
Previous: Tools available for 32bit RISC OS!
Next: A pineapple a day keeps viruses away
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
South East 2008 show round up
News from the event in the south of the UK
42 comments, latest by diomus on 9/11/08 8:45PM. Published: 19 Oct 2008
Minor vandalism hits riscos.info wiki
Attempts to erase IRC info thwarted within hours
Discuss this. Published: 10 Apr 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •