Freeware newsBy Chris Williams. Published: 7th Dec 2002, 21:17:09 | Permalink | Printable
New Nettle and moreRISC OS! Software! Released! Go! Get'em!
The ultimate RISC OS telnet client and terminal emulator for RISC OS has been released today, stamped version 0.2032r. Nettle supports most common terminal types as well as providing URL launching and ANSI task windows. Described as a "maintenance release" by the developers, the features and improvements list for this version includes:
- Now includes French messages
- Ctrl-F2 closes disconnected sessions
- Added "linux" terminal type
- Improved method for detecting URLs
- Corrected pasting of large amounts of text to ANSI tasks
- Various optimisations and speedups
Rob Davison, author of Compo, has updated his freeware image manipulation application to version 0.15. Variations is an excellent graphics app that allows you to easily enhance and transform your images. Version 0.15 includes the following changes:
- You can now use shift-drag to move the image around within the thumbnail. This is particularly useful for the fade, shape and border tools.
- Simple "undo" system now in place.
- There's now a new choice for fade/shape/border scaling. This is the scale at which the relevant vector image will be plotted (centred) over the image.
- Various user interface and menu tidying up.
The programming library OSLib has reached several milestones, we discover, this week. Firstly, the library has been updated to cover the latest RISC OS Select and RISC OS 5 API calls, fixes for all known bugs in both C and assembler modes and numerous other enhancements. Secondly, the library and associated components have been relocated to Sourceforge.net, where you can get everything you need.
Previous: Iyonix in online press
Next: Iyonix, Drobe and Slashdot
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
South East show report
VA Linux, graphics acceleration, CTL and ROL and more
53 comments, latest by AMS on 01/11/04 1:01PM. Published: 23 Oct 2004
Charity stall confirmed for Wakefield
Can you smell what Wakefield is cooking?
Discuss this. Published: 28 Mar 2006
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •