Drobe Competition! Win a copy of the Castle C/C++ toolsBy Chris Williams. Published: 20th Dec 2002, 14:33:56 | Permalink | Printable
Get your thinking caps on. Details enclosed.The end of the year is approaching, it's competition time here at Drobe. Up for grabs is Castle's C/C++ compiler tools. These have been generously donated by John Myers, who we reported on as the winner of the Iyonix in Castle's recent competition.
John says "I am not a programmer and have no aspirations in this direction - just an end user of our fav OS." However, he wanted to give something back to RISC OS and promote its development, and this is just the ticket.
To enter the competition, you need to write an article on a RISC OS topic of your choice for publication on Drobe, your favourite RISC OS news portal. Here are the rules:
- Articles will be judged on the basis of novelty, interest, and where relevant, humour. They do not have to be current events, but needs to be on a RISC OS topic.
- You can enter one or two articles.
- We suggest that good articles are more than 500 words and less than 2500 words, but this is not a strict requirement.
- You may include any images, but not any downloads.
- The top articles will be published on Drobe over the weeks after the competition close.
- Articles must not have been previously published elsewhere. However, copyright will retain yours, and you may use the article elsewhere after it appears on Drobe.
- To level the playing field, we will not judge on spelling and grammar as long as it does not affect the overall article. But we do retain the right to make corrections of these, and any technical points.
- The final date for submission is (midnight) January 12th, 2003. The winner will be announced on January 20th, 2003.
- Judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, etc, etc, blah, blah.
Please send any entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and of course, best of luck.
Peter, getting-things-done division, drobe.co.uk.
Previous: Viewfinder firmware 1.51 issued
Next: Drobe doubles up
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Cerilica's Vantage reviewed
Is it the next killer app? Will we give it the thumbs up or the thumbs down?
3 comments, latest by Alexander on 5/11/02 6:44PM. Published: 28 Sep 2001
Sudoku game now features Dutch translation
Download SuperDoku 1.14 today
Discuss this. Published: 27 Nov 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •