South West show newsBy Chris Williams. Published: 22nd Feb 2003, 15:31:24 | Permalink | Printable
32 bit Photodesk. Five Omegas. Read all about it [Updated 24 Feb - Aemulor demo online]If you're a keen reader of drobe.co.uk, you'll know that today's the RISC OS South West show held in Somerset for one day only. Well, we've just got off the phone to Andrew Conroy, of the CJE Micros team who're at the show. Andrew's told us the show is relatively quiet but there have been substantial purchases by visitors. He also has the following good news to tell us:
- Photodesk is 32bit
- We're told graphics application Photodesk is now 32 bit (that'll please Iyonix users) and it was completed just last night. There are no prices yet for an upgrade.
- Microdigital furnish show with Omegas
- We're told the Microdigital Managing Director, David Atkins, "just turned up" to the show with five Omegas (as you do) for the R-Comp, iSV Products and APDL stands (and possibly others too). Microdigital themselves don't have a stand, the Omegas are just running RISC OS 4 and the press statement from the normally silent hardware company to inform us of their show attendance must have been lost during transit. Given that Microdigital are located in Shipley, Yorkshire, a trip to Somerset with five machines is a little more than just a pop over the road, we think. But hey, machines. They exist. What more could you possibly want?
- Aemulor demo online [Update]
- True to their word, the Aemulor team have publically released a demo version of their 26 bit emulation software for RISC OS 5, primarily for Iyonix users to try out. You can register and pick up a copy from here.
If you went to the show, let us know what you thought.
Previous: In the news this week: Friday roundup
Next: Surftec wind ups DigiFlash
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Cerilica's Vantage reviewed
Is it the next killer app? Will we give it the thumbs up or the thumbs down?
3 comments, latest by Alexander on 5/11/02 6:44PM. Published: 28 Sep 2001
MIDI file repair app updated
Midiphile now 32bit safe and supports more manufacturers. Plus Midimole tool updated too
Discuss this. Published: 6 Nov 2007
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •