drobe.co.uk updatesBy Chris Williams. Published: 7th Mar 2003, 23:44:38 | Permalink | Printable
What's been added and what's going to be addedYou may have noticed amongst the recent rash of headlining RISC OS announcements that drobe.co.uk has undergone a few changes. These are to coincide with the recent plan to merge the popular AcornSearch site with Drobe Launchpad. You may be aware that AcornSearch and Drobe already possess close ties with Drobe using AcornSearch to provide an essential RISC OS search facility and newsgroup feed. Also, both sites are served from the same machine as drobe.co.uk last year relocated to AcornSearch's sasami machine.
Here's what you can now find on the site and remember, most of these features are still in a beta like stage for the moment. They are all accessible from the left hand table on all drobe.co.uk pages.
- New layout in development
- We're currently exploring and trying out new site designs here, we're looking for a clean, non-fussy design that loads quickly and provides maximum content.
- The forum is back and with more bite, or something like that. Feel free to start a topic on the subject of RISC OS, drobe.co.uk or anything general in the relevant forum or reply to some existing posts.
- File archives
- They were on AcornSearch, they've been moved to drobe.co.uk. The historic mirrors are back, filled with software and other stuff collected harvested from the net.
- comp.sys.acorn.* feed
- Catch up with the latest RISC OS usenet "discussions" here.
- If you're looking for backdrops, we've got a huge initial selection, although a RISC OS themes selection where people can vote on their favourite (a la other mainstream themes sites) is on the cards.
- About drobe.co.uk
- We've added a simple page that waffles about this site and the good people who help produce it.
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Previous: Oregano 2 goes public
Next: Software news
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
Adventures with a Lego-cased A7K web server
Having previously built desktop and laptop cases of out Lego bricks, model building Peter Howkins has turned his attentions towards crafting a slim box to slid his A7000 into a rack, alongside other rackmount servers. Having pieced together the housing, Peter puts a legacy RISC OS machine through its paces as an internet-facing server.
11 comments, latest by jess on 3/12/08 2:07PM. Published: 21 Nov 2008
RiscLua updated to version 4.12
And TextAreas example is bug-fixed too
Discuss this. Published: 1 Mar 2008
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •