EasyAccounts 1.15 released: The feature list keeps on growing..By Chris Williams. Published: 10th Feb 16:23:41 | Permalink | Printable
Recently, Stephen Murphy updated his rather good RISC OS freeware accountancy software to version 1.15. EasyAccounts now features:
- Intuitive user interface
- Add/Amend/Delete transactions
- Colour coding of balance
- Automatic sorting by date
- Export data as CSV or formatted text file
- Store account details with transactions
- Interactive help system enabled
- Extensive list of features ready to be added
- Comprehensive Text and HTML manuals
- Added facility to clear all transactions from memory.
- Export data as Text or CSV file.
- Program now shows loaded file name in window title bar.
- When a file as been altered but not saved a '*' shows in the main window title bar.
- Added a file info window which gives details of the loaded file.
- Added a button to the account details window to clear all of the
data from the icons.
- Program now warns you if you try to quit it with data that is unsaved.
"The reason I wrote the package is that it fills a gap in the RISC OS market, and I needed an accounts package myself!" comments Stephen.
"There are several old free, or nearly free accounts packages out there, but all have their problems. I did think of trying to locate the author of one to take over development, but it was like trying to find a needle in a whole county of haystacks! After a while I thought I would have a tinker around with and see what I could 'knock together' myself :-)
"I was not really inspired by any other titles, but I have gained some useful ideas for features from them. I had a fixed idea of what I wanted (writing it for my own use as well as for others), so I just made it do what seemed sensible. My adage is that a package can have a million and one features, but if it's difficult to use, it's useless - hence the emphasis on clarity."
Previous: RISC OS magazine Riscworld acts to attract new subscribers: Editor Aaron Timbrell explains all
Next: The Beginner's Guide to RISC OS: A Valentines story for the RISC OS Explorer 2 release
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
RISC OS Gaming in Focus
Neil my-one-game-a-week-addiction White shows how easy it is.
10 comments, latest by nice and sweet on 29/4/03 6:45PM. Published: 21 Apr 2003
RISC OS 5 Updates
USB, Video and other fixes [Updated]
5 comments, latest by epistaxsis@work on 20/2/04 8:11PM. Published: 19 Feb 2004
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •