Drobe :: The archives
About Drobe | Contact | RSS | Twitter | Tech docs | Downloads | BBC Micro

Reply to thread

Chris said>"The process of 32bitting software turned out to be pretty trivial, which did Castle a lot of favours,"

So how come it took ROL so long then?

And I'd point out that they Castle also implemented the HAL, had the C++ compiler 32bitted (which by the way also helped ROL I would have thought). Implemented USB2 (something A9 will *never have*).

Please Chris give the Castle bashing a break.... please!

As to the substance of the article VRPC has more users than Iyonix according to the Archive survey. Well here's a thought if you add ALL the VRPC users from the Drobe Survey and the Archive survey they amount to around 10% of the claimed 3,000 VA sales. So where did the other 90% go? May I suggest the PC? (I await the usual counter claims that VA won't damage the RISC OS market (yawn......)).

 is a RISC OS UserAMS on 14/11/05 1:38PM
[ Reply | Permalink | Report ]

Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.

Search the archives

Today's featured article

  • South West 2006 theatre talks
    ArtWorks future, ROL development process, Castle hints and more
     40 comments, latest by arenaman on 26/02/06 11:36PM. Published: 22 Feb 2006

  • Random article

  • Get new software alerts with Rover beta
    With RiscPkg in development, is this barking mad?
     4 comments, latest by jess on 17/10/07 9:18AM. Published: 14 Oct 2007

  • Useful links

    News and media:
    IconbarMyRISCOSArcSiteRISCOScodeANSC.S.A.AnnounceArchiveQercusRiscWorldDrag'n'DropGAG-News

    Top developers:
    RISCOS LtdRISC OS OpenMW SoftwareR-CompAdvantage SixVirtualAcorn

    Dealers:
    CJE MicrosAPDLCastlea4X-AmpleLiquid SiliconWebmonster

    Usergroups:
    WROCCRONENKACCIRUGSASAUGROUGOLRONWUGMUGWAUGGAGRISCOS.be

    Useful:
    RISCOS.org.ukRISCOS.orgRISCOS.infoFilebaseChris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collectionNetSurf

    Non-RISC OS:
    The RegisterThe InquirerApple InsiderBBC NewsSky NewsGoogle Newsxkcddiodesign


    © 1999-2009 The Drobe Team. Some rights reserved, click here for more information
    Powered by MiniDrobeCMS, based on J4U | Statistics
    "If the main journalist on a RISC OS news site isn't interested [in RISC OS news] then things are pretty black"
    Page generated in 0.0491 seconds.