OK, things regularly I use my Windows/Linux PC's for, could I do these on an Iyonix under RISC OS5?:
1. creating DVD's - photo slideshows mixed with home video, plus some movie "backup"
2. programming C# and Python GUI apps using wxWidgets/Qt/Windows.Forms/Tk toolkits
3. playing Unreal 2003
4. watching *any* video format I want to from *any* website (including Flash7 sites)
5. serving up 200Mb database websites using Perl, PHP and C++
6. home automation and PVR (TIVO to those who don't know)
7. downloading (not uploading!) via P2P, all legal content of course
As far as I know I can't do any of that on my Select SARPC, well maybe a very limited version of (5).....