Recent freeware releasesBy Chris Williams. Published: 18th Apr 2002, 14:59:52 | Permalink | Printable
April goodiesSince we're a portal, we thought it would be a good idea to present a quick list of links to software released recently for you to browse and download. Enjoy.
- Look up abbreviations and acronyms. YMMV.
- MP3 utilities
- !ID3toCSV lists MP3 files in CSV format. !MP3test checks MP3s for errors and creates a CSV log. !CDrip uses shine to convert a directory of WAV audio files into MP3 files. !ID3toName renames MP3 files from their ID3 tags.
- ROX-Filer 1.3.0
- Implements the RISC OS filer on unix compatible systems, includes many other features too.
- BookMaker is a hotlist and address book management tool that supports all major RISC OS browsers, most email clients and other internet tools.
- JPEG utilities
- !Jclean is a desktop front end for the Independent JPEG Group utilities 'jpegtran' and 'wrjpgcom'.
!Jigwas will combine up to 1000 JPEGs into a single JPEG in one go.
- SmartOpenDir is an "intelligent directory opener" for RISC OS 3 and 4. It intercepts calls to open directories in filer windows and sets the display/sort options based on patterns in the directory name and/or number of files it contains etc.
Phew. Got an news? Send it our way.
Previous: Science essentials
Next: Wakefield 2002 communication
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
No comments posted - yet. Post one yourself or come back soon.
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
RiscPC breaks 1.5GHz barrier
Calm down dear, this is a case mod
23 comments, latest by flypig on 13/5/04 1:56PM. Published: 12 May 2004
Acorn Computer and the BBC Micro Story
12 comments, latest by em2ac on 8/10/04 9:26AM. Published: 6 Oct 2004
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •