2003By Chris Williams. Published: 2nd Jan 2003, 13:36:47 | Permalink | Printable
It's our New Years Resolutions, everybodyWelcome to 2003. It's a year we're looking forward to. We trust you had a nice Christmas and New Year. We're happy that 2002 ended on a high note, our visitor rates have been gradually increasing over the year with over 434,000 total hits (3.14GB of traffic) during the month of December.
As it's the traditional thing to do and we need a jolly article to start the year, here's a list of resolutions we'll try and stick to this year.
New Year Resolutions
- More sarcasm, if that's possible. Some people think our sarcasm is unneeded and rude; they're sadly missing the point. For inspiration, we'll waste time reading proper sites like The Register, NTK and The Onion. Hell, we'll even check iconbar.com once a while to see if it's been updated.
- We'll try and publish, on average, an article every other day. Our final goal is one a day, on average, but this is thwarted by the fact that RISC OS news is like overused cliches: nothing for ages and then a whole load turns up. Regardless of that fact, we'll aim to cover all the interesting and important news. And guess what, if you email us articles, press releases or stuff to review, we'll cover it and even be nice about it. Stunning.
- We'll launch our site redesign which'll feature an improved layout, more content and perhaps other goodies like a forum. We'll look at other sites that provide FAQs, good design and forums.
- Caffeine. Lots of caffeine. And more pizza too. And more Orbital and other music we like.
- And we promise to have more fun.
Don't forget our C/C++ tools competition for this month. Please feel free to give us your comments, any news and of course, any complaints.
Previous: Merry Christmas - And a Happy New Year!
Next: Summaries you won't want to miss
DiscussionViewing threaded comments | View comments unthreaded, listed by date | Skip to the end
Please login before posting a comment. Use the form on the right to do so or create a free account.
Search the archives
Today's featured article
NetSurf bags GBP10K investment from Google
Four uni coders lined up to improve web browser
35 comments, latest by tlsa on 24/11/08 4:19PM. Published: 21 Apr 2008
RISCOS Ltd. release initial survey findings: What do you want from RISC OS?
Discuss this. Published: 6 Apr 2001
News and media:
RISCOS Ltd •
RISC OS Open •
MW Software •
Advantage Six •
CJE Micros •
Liquid Silicon •
Chris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collection •
The Register •
The Inquirer •
Apple Insider •
BBC News •
Sky News •
Google News •