Drobe :: The archives
About Drobe | Contact | RSS | Twitter | Webspace | Tech docs | Downloads | BBC Micro

Profile for spellinn

ContactAbout me
Username: spellinn
Realname: Neil Spellings
About me:Ex-Acorn employee, own RiscPC, A3000 and 2 Iyonixes. Run domain registration, web design and hosting company. Part of the team developing Aemulor and Cino
Homepage: http://www.spellings.net
Comments posted:74 (show all)

Recent comments

On New Iyonixes shipping with Nvidia FX52 cards:

druck: We are working on modifying Geminus to support these cards. One thing that hasnt yet been mentioned is that the cards perform the R/B colour swap in hardware, but only for 32bpp screen modes. This will be fine for 90% of the applications, however for the other 10% that want/need to use non-32bpp modes, you will need a special version of Geminus to perform the colour swap in software-also in the pipeline.

rohc: <off topic> Reminds ROHC that he needs to renew his domain name ASAP or the ROHC will dissapear for good.... </off topic>



 is a RISC OS Userspellinn on 23/8/06 10:05AM
[ Reply | Permalink | Report ]

On CinoDVD project paused:

The work to provide non-blocking transfers in ADFS wasnt started until we were confident that would allow us to complete the project. As it happens, it wasnt the limiting factor and as ADFS is a critical OS component we didnt tinker for the sake of it or do a half-hearted job, especially as it would incurr heftly licensing fees.

It maybe the case that something could come out of the Cino project - its just a question of how much effort it would take to create "release quality" code (of DVDFS for example)



 is a RISC OS Userspellinn on 21/8/06 9:28AM
[ Reply | Permalink | Report ]

On A9home on sale from CJE Micros:

When we first developed Aemulor for RISC OS 5, we suggested some kind of API that could be used by the OS to run 26-bit applications under emulation, rather than just crashing (RO5) or just plain refusing (A9Home).

The OS would examine the app when launching, decide if its 32-bit safe, run it natively if so, or pass it to the currently registered emulator if not.

At present, Aemulor has to intercept the application loading process and make its own decision as to whether to emulate an application to stop apps being rejected or just crashing the OS.



 is a RISC OS Userspellinn on 08/05/06 4:02PM
[ Reply | Permalink | Report ]

On PCI serial port card driver available:

We have an internal driver working for Soundblaster Audigy PCI sound cards although theres no RISC OS API/Shared Sound support (Cino drives it directly) so its far from releasable at present.



 is a RISC OS Userspellinn on 24/1/06 2:22PM
[ Reply | Permalink | Report ]

On Castle move to Cambridge rumoured:

I would also argue there are many more than 1000 IYONIX out there - subtracting the last MAC address from the first in our software database confirms this!



 is a RISC OS Userspellinn on 2/12/05 10:33AM
[ Reply | Permalink | Report ]

Search the archives

Today's featured article

  • BBC4's Micro Men: an interview and review
    Ahead of tonight's Micro Men programme, which charts the rivalry between Sir Clive Sinclair and Acorn Computers in the early 1980s, drobe.co.uk spoke to the film's producer, Andrea Cornwell, to find out more about the show - and now you can read our review of the film
     Discuss this. Published: 8 Oct 2009

  • Random article

  • ProAction needs good ideas
    Swamped in software, seeking direction
     17 comments, latest by gvrace on 18/8/04 2:06PM. Published: 30 Jun 2003

  • Useful links

    News and media:

    Top developers:
    RISCOS LtdRISC OS OpenMW SoftwareR-CompAdvantage SixVirtualAcorn

    CJE MicrosAPDLCastlea4X-AmpleLiquid SiliconWebmonster


    RISCOS.org.ukRISCOS.orgRISCOS.infoFilebaseChris Why's Acorn/RISC OS collectionNetSurf

    Non-RISC OS:
    The RegisterThe InquirerApple InsiderBBC NewsSky NewsGoogle Newsxkcddiodesign

    © 1999-2009 The Drobe Team. Some rights reserved, click here for more information
    Powered by MiniDrobeCMS, based on J4U | Statistics
    "Interesting, what kind of information is spread here? Some people must have really close contacts with insiders in certain companies"
    Page generated in 0.1342 seconds.