"To a large extent, isn't this a mute point these days?"
Presumably you mean a moot point rather than a silent one, unless you were deliberately putting a fresh spin on a hackneyed phrase.
1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.
2. of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
3. Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.
1. silent; refraining from speech or utterance.
2. not emitting or having sound of any kind.
3. incapable of speech; dumb.
4. (of letters) silent; not pronounced.
5. Law. (of a person who has been arraigned) making no plea or giving an irrelevant response when arraigned, or refusing to stand trial (used chiefly in the phrase to stand mute).
6. Fox Hunting. (of a hound) hunting a line without giving tongue or cry.
I'm slightly amazed at the existence of RISC OS users who don't know all of this already. One thing that nobody has mentioned yet is that in RISC OS 5 and 6, you can ADJUST-click on the 'back' tool icon of a window in order to bring it to the front. I find that one really useful! (I think it originated in Director, and I am surprised that Acorn did not think of it themselves.)